Mixing and Replacing
- Take one of the drawers to a mat or table.
- Remove one of the shapes and trace the back as before.
- Place the shape below the drawer.
- Do the same with the other shapes in the drawer. Place them in mixed-up order.
- Trace the first frame as in the introductory lesson.
- Look for the shape that fits the frame.
- Trace the back of the shape.
- Place the shape in the frame.
- Replace the other shapes in the same way.
- Later, select two drawers and mix the shapes from both. Replace as was done with one drawer.
- Later, do the same with three drawers, then four. Eventually, the child may mix all six drawers together.